Last week, on Friday the 29th of November 2019, the NDB (Dutch darts association) received a letter from the BDO with several new obligations regarding the current BDO tournament regulations.
The letter imposed new BDO fees that are being implemented part-way through a season and which would immediately negatively impact the 2020 Dutch Open Darts. On Monday the 2nd of December 2019 the NDB replied to the BDO by letter. The NDB urgently requested that the BDO reverse both new rules.
They gave the BDO a few days to respond and gave solid arguments as to why they should undo this decision. Up until the deadline the NDB still did not get any response from them. Therefore, they have come to the following decision: The NDB does not accept the new rules according to the BDO letter of Friday the 29th of November 2019 and the NDB is not going to pay for BDO points.
That means that the Dutch Open Darts is no longer BDO ranked, but they are pleased to say the prize fund remains the same.
What if you have registered because of BDO ranking points?
If you have registered for the Dutch Open Darts but you do not want to participate in the event because of the decision mentioned above it is possible to withdraw and get a refund. How:
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and title the subject as ‘Unsubscribe because of BDO ranking points’. Your registration will be cancelled and the entry fee will be refunded back to the bank account that was used during the registration process.
- It is possible to cancel your registration until the 22nd of December 2019. Do not wait too long to respond.
- If you have registered for multiple tournaments, and you only want to cancel for the singles tournament please write it clearly in the e-mail.
- If you have multiple registrations in one order but not every registration has to be cancelled please let us know in the e-mail.
- Everyone who has registered until the publication of this article has received this information by e-mail. Depending on whose e-mail address was used during the registration this could be the player registered to participate or the main booker if they did more than one registration or registered on behalf of a player.
- For every new registration after the publication of this article on the 6th of December 2019, it is not possible to unsubscribe until the 22nd of December 2019 because it is now known to them that this is not a BDO ranked event.
- If you have booked a room at Hotel De Bonte Wever for this event, and you want to cancel the reservation, you can do so by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. We advise to do this as soon as possible.
Source: Dutch Open DartsTags: BDO, Dutch Open Darts 2020