Draw released for European Championship 2020: Defending champion Cross to face Kleermaker
The next stop is the European Championship in Oberhausen which is set to start on Thursday after the conclusion of the European Tour this past Sunday in Riesa.
Draw has now been released with defending champion Rob Cross set to start his defence with a potentially tricky test against Martijn Kleermaker.
Victory for Joe Cullen in Riesa sees 'The Rockstar' as top seed and he will take on William O'Connor who replaces Glen Durrant who tested positive for COVID-19 and as a result won't be out of self-isolation in time to play.
Four-time European Champion, Michael van Gerwen will take on debutant Darius Labanauskas while another former winner in James Wade will face Steve Lennon.
Gerwyn Price, the second seed will aim to add another TV title to his collection after triumphs at the World Series of Darts Finals and World Grand Prix recently. His first task will be Kim Huybrechts.
World Champion, Peter Wright will potentially face 'The Iceman' in Round Two due to being down as 15th seed after missing the final two events. He faces Gabriel Clemens.
The other winners on the European Tour this season in Jose de Sousa and Devon Petersen will take on Jeffrey de Zwaan and Andy Hamilton respectively.
While Ross Smith who had an excellent run to qualify this past weekend has Michael Smith in the first round. Other ties sees an all Dutch affair with Danny Noppert facing Dirk van Duijvenbode and home hope Max Hopp facing Jonny Clayton.
European Championship 2020 Draw
(1) Joe Cullen v (32) William O'Connor
(16) Jamie Hughes v (17) Dave Chisnall
(8) Nathan Aspinall v (25) Maik Kuivenhoven
(9) James Wade v (24) Steve Lennon
(4) Devon Petersen v (29) Andy Hamilton
(13) Rob Cross v (20) Martijn Kleermaker
(5) Michael van Gerwen v (28) Darius Labanauskas
(12) Mervyn King v (21) Ian White
(2) Gerwyn Price v (31) Kim Huybrechts
(15) Peter Wright v (18) Gabriel Clemens
(7) Mensur Suljovic v (26) Daryl Gurney
(10) Krzysztof Ratajski v (23) Steve West
(3) Jose De Sousa v (30) Jeffrey de Zwaan
(14) Jonny Clayton v (19) Max Hopp
(6) Michael Smith v (27) Ross Smith
(11) Danny Noppert v (22) Dirk van Duijvenbode